Monday, June 23, 2014

Tatlumpu't-Pito: When You Can't Run...

Hello friends!

Possibly one of the most horrible sounds in my world is pig screaming. No, you read that right. Pig screaming. So my house is right next to the highway, and across the road is a business where they raise pigs. So then every morning, they tie these pigs up, put them on tricycles, and drive them away to slaughter. So these pigs, while they are being hauled out of their barn and being tied and loaded, they scream, squeal, and shriek for about five minutes. It's a horrific sound that makes me plug my ears and never want to eat bacon again. And every time I hear it, I just say out loud, "Tell me, Clarice...have the pigs stopped screaming?" Sister Sanchez says it now too. Props to those who get it, and if you don't, just know that I hate, loathe, abhor that sound. But it sure wakes me up in the morning. Sorry, that was so random, but I literally have little to nothing to tell you in this email. Nothing that exciting to tell!

This week was an up and down week. 

Up because one of our favorite investigators came to church, which was beautiful and such a boost for us, especially since we had been convinced for the first hour no one was coming. No baptismal date yet, but we have faith that Heavenly Father is watching out for us. 

Also, funny thing happened. So we're teaching this 14 year old investigator, and we're ending his lesson. He's starting to progress, which is glorious. Before when we asked him if he wanted to serve a mission once he gets baptized, and he was initially saying no way, but when we asked him the other day, he started asking questions about the blessings we receive and the way we help people when we serve! Awh, hooray! He's still young, so we're really trying to help him get his life in order. But during our last lesson, he did not want to pray. This happens sometimes, so we just suggested things he could pray for. We did this a few times until he was like "Okay, okay." So Sister Sanchez and I bowed our heads...and he RAN. He bolted out of his chair, literally jumped over me and booked it out of there! Sister Sanchez and I just yelled after him, but he just waved a hand at us. So, unable to leave without closing the lesson, we just sat there dying of laughter until he finally came back. He's such a cute kid. A ridiculous one sometimes, but it's nice to see him enjoying our lessons a little more. 

This week was down because I once again am struggling with my perfectionism issues. I just have those little moments of "darn, I'm just not cutting it" and I feel pretty sad sometimes. Like even though I feel better than I have in a long time and I feel really squared away with God, I just sometimes feel that I'm just not fulfilling my potential. I know it's all just temptation and perspective, I know I'm a working progress, but I had a few bad moments this week. It's just hard not to compare yourself to others sometimes. But this is also a good opportunity for me to be humble and figure out how to truly trust in the Lord. I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your emails, prayers, and love. You really all keep me going. You hold me up! 

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't do that anymore, you find someone to carry you." 

So thank you for carrying me and helping me remember my worth. You're the best group of people a missionary could ever ask for. I miss you all so much. Don't worry about me. Just keep up the prayers and I'll keep on running. I'm still chugging along. Next week will be better. It always is.

Mahal ko kayo,

Sister Green

No comments:

Post a Comment